Luscombe Music offers a comprehensive rental program that allows students to participate in band or orchestra with a quality instrument at affordable prices. As a certified dealer, our instrument fleet is comprised of industry-leading brands, including Conn-Selmer, KHS-America and Gemeinhardt.
VIEW PRICE LIST
How to Rent from Us
There are several ways to start the rental process.
- Stop in at Luscombe Music, fill out the rental agreement, pay the initial three-month rental payment and take the instrument home that day. Click here for location.
- If we are hosting a parent night at your child’s school, attend the meeting. During the meeting, you will have the opportunity to fill out the rental agreement and pay the three month rental payment. Instruments will be delivered to your child’s music teacher before the first day of band or orchestra.
- Download our rental agreement. Complete the form and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 630.833.3526. Once the initial three-month rental payment has been processed, the instrument can be picked up at Luscombe Music. If your school program has made arrangements with Luscombe Music, we will deliver the instrument to your music director.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long do I have to commit to renting an instrument?
We have a three-month minimum. After the first three months, there is no commitment and you rent on a month-to-month basis. There is no return fee or cancellation fee.
- What if my child is unsure of which instrument to play?
Many students are unsure in the beginning. Along with finding an instrument that is best suited to the student based on characteristics such as height, embouchure and preference of sound, it is critical for the student to find an instrument that they are excited about learning. Our staff can help your student when deciding between instruments.
- What if my child wants to switch instruments?
As a Luscombe Music renter, you will be able to switch instruments at any time with no fee. For band and full-sized orchestra instruments, up to six months of equity will move with you to the next instrument. When switching on anything less than a full-sized orchestra instrument, 100% of your equity follows as the student moves up in size.
- What happens if the instrument breaks?
A small portion of your monthly payment goes towards maintenance. Any repair necessitated by normal everyday use will be performed in our repair shop at no additional charge, provided your account is up-to-date. Vandalism, theft, and loss are not covered.
- If I rent a used instrument, will it be clean and in working order?
Definitely. Our expert repair technicians carefully inspect all used instruments, and they are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before being rented out again.
- What is included with our rental instrument?
Whether you choose new or used, everything you need to get started is included. Hard cases are provided for all instruments.
- How do I take care of my instrument?
Every instrument has its own unique cleaning regimen that should be adhered to regularly. If you have questions, you can always ask us at Luscombe Music and we will be happy to provide care advice.
- Should I keep renting over the summer?
Yes, we strongly encourage students to continue playing over the summer so they can hit the ground running in the fall. Not only will summer playing help to keep students’ skills sharp, but it will also protect and grow the equity you’ve built over the school year. There are opportunities to play outside of band and orchestra over the summer; camps and private lessons here at Luscombe Music are options to consider.
- Am I committed to purchasing the instrument?
No, there is no commitment to purchase an instrument. However, should you decide you would like to buy your instrument, a large portion of every monthly rental payment builds as equity and, at the time of purchase, that equity is applied to the list price of the instrument. You can use your equity towards purchasing the instrument you have or you can use the equity to purchase a new instrument of the same kind. Also, as an added bonus, we offer an early payoff discount of 25% off the remaining balance should you decide to settle your account early.. For orchestra instruments, you can use equity up to 40% of the value of the instrument you are purchasing.